You and your team:
Reuters is seeking candidates who can speak fluent English and Finnish to join its real-time news operation in Gdansk. The reporters will work in fast-paced, international environment and get to produce headlines and write stories about companies from Europe’s biggest economies and become part of Reuters global network.
Why is this job important?
Trading desks, hedge funds and asset managers at major multinational banks use our services to base their investment decision. Your stories for Reuters will also be seen by our media clients, on Reuters.com and other extensions available to read for everyone. Reuters news and information reaches one billion people every day.
In your role you will be responsible for:
· Scanning press releases from companies and regulators in English and Nordic languages to
· quickly identify key information, accurately write headlines and news summaries with high standards of credibility, in accordance with Reuters principles and operating standards
· Identifying market-moving figures and comments to filter out news stories from sources including electronic news releases, conferences calls, Webcasts
· Explaining reasons behind stock moves in form of short stories
· Writing short alerts on Nordic macroeconomic data such as GDP and inflation
Qualifications - What do you need to bring?
· Fluency in English and one of the Nordic languages (Danish, Norwegian, Swedish or Finnish)
· Strong translation skills
· Strong news judgment
· Ability to write with speed, clarity, accuracy and freedom from bias
· A sound command of grammar, spelling, punctuation
· Comfort with handling financial data and facts accurately and quickly
· Knowledge of corporate activity, stock markets and financial vocabulary, or an ability to gain such knowledge quickly
· An ability to work under time pressure
· Job in an international, dynamic environment at one of world’s top news agencies
· Intensive training package
· Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare and Multisport card
· Company social incentives
· High standards of ethics in the workplace
· Networking opportunities
· Two additional days off for voluntary activities
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.