#PolpharmaBiologics is a state-of-the-art biological R&D and manufacturing facility, one of the most modern in Europe. We have a fantastic, international team of experienced experts and dynamic young scientists with common goals and values. Biotechnology is our passion. Together we develop medicine, offering new hope to patients suffering from serious diseases.
We create a passionate and friendly workplace environment. Join us!
Downstream Process Development Specialist
Gdansk Science & Technology Park, Trzy Lipy 3
In this position you will be tasked with activities needed for the purpose of development, characterization and optimization of downstream processes as well as transfer of the proper technologies.
- Planning and execution of laboratory scale studies for the purpose of development and optimization of protein purification steps, including chromatography, filtration and membrane separations
- Documented observations, analyzes of data, reporting of results and conclusions for each experimental study
- Troubleshooting activities and deviations’ assessment
- Assessing improvements in DSP setup
- Optimization of the process with regards to technical as well as its economic aspects
- Evaluation of external suppliers of resins, filter membranes, disposable materials etc.
- Supporting GMP manufacturing through process investigations and during process transfer
- Design and execution of experiments based on DoE approach
- Collaboration with USP, Analytical and Pilot Plant departments in order to achieve optimal results
- Supporting and coordinating work of junior team members in their assigned tasks
- University degree in Biotechnology or related disciplines
- 2+ years of experience in purification process development (preferably antibodies) in the industry is highly desirable, however the candidates with strong experience and demonstrated track record in development and optimization of protein purifications in university/academia will also be considered
- Experience with TFF and normal-flow filtration is a plus
- Strong understanding of protein chromatography
- Proven ability to work independently in hands-on laboratory setting
- Experience in handling lab scale chromatography systems (such as ÄKTA systems) is required
- Analytical skills and knowledge of spectrophotometric methods is desired
- Experience with writing technical development or scientific reports/publications
- Basic knowledge of GMP standards is a plus
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English